What is a Bio-digester?
Bio-digester is a modern sanitization system that is replacing septic tanks, eliminating the need to exhaust and bad odours thus enjoying a clean the environment while saving on costs.
A Bio-digester uses anaerobic process in absence of Oxygen to convert organic materials such as manure, sewage, green waste, e.t.c. into stable and commercially useful compounds.
The digestion takes place in 4 phases;
- Hydrolysis –breakdown of high molecular substances into low molecular compounds.
- Acidification – low molecular compounds are broken down into organic acids and gases (hydrogen Sulphide, carbon dioxide and Ammonia).
- Acetogenisis –Organic acids are broken down into acetates and gases (carbon dioxide & Hydrogen)
- Methanogenis– Acetates are broken down into methane gas, carbon dioxide and alkaline water.
The alkaline water is discharged to Soak-pit/French-drain or recycled.
Bio-digesters can either be Mesophilic or Thermophilic.
- Mesophilic means medium-temperature loving bacteria which will ferment the best at temperatures up to 30°C or 90°F.
- Thermophilic is a heat-loving bacteria which will ferment best when above 30°C or 90°F
Why bio-digesters fail;
- Presence of oxygen in the bio-digester
- Water leakage into the chambers or out to the surface.
- Poor and incorrect chambers construction.
- Wrong calculation of users against the size of the bio-digester.
- Poor discharge of water i.e. use of soak pit or French drain.
Why you should build a Bio-digester with Dancom construction Company
- Over 10 years of construction experience
- A team of construction experts with diverse profiles
- Excellent Workmanship
- Quality & affordable services
- NCA approved
- Registered physical address
To get a Bio-digester construction quotation, kindly tell us the following;
- Home / facility size in terms of population
- Soil type in the area
- Any other important information such as presence of a septic tank or sewer system
- Interest to recycle.
Please contact us on email; email@example.com or simply call our manager; 0726 696 275 and you shall be efficiently assisted.